2023 Announcement for Dynamics GP Price Increase and 2025 / 2026 End of New Sales
News: April 4, 2023 Announcement from Microsoft on Dynamics GP
Some important and potentially concerning news from Microsoft Corporation with regard to the future of Microsoft Dynamics GP was received on April 4, 2023.
The following are some high-level points to ease your concerns. Our team at GP Support North can share additional details, we're here to help. #GPStrong Future.
- October 1st 2023 – Enhancement plan fees going up an additional 1% (BREP from 17% to 18%). Historically these were 16% prior to the 2021/2022 increase.
- October 1st 2023 – Additional full-user and Limited User perpetual licenses for Microsoft Dynamics GP will be increasing, pricing to be announced prior. Subscription pricing will also be increasing.
- No Change – Microsoft Support for Dynamics GP to 2028+ and Beyond - we expect clients will demand a further extension of support.
- No Change - Microsoft will continue to release updates, hotfixes, and tax tables to 2028 and Beyond.
- No Change – Current Dynamics GP clients can still buy added perpetual and/or subscription Full User licenses of Dynamics GP and Limited User licenses of Dynamics GP.
- 2025 – end of New Sales for net-new clients to purchase Microsoft Dynamics GP perpetual licenses. Ending April 1, 2025. (Microsoft partners will stop selling new Dynamics GP implementations in 2025 /2026)
- 2026 – end of New Sales for net-new clients to purchase Microsoft Dynamics GP subscriptions. Ending April 1, 2026. No impact to current clients.
Our GP Support North team will be here to provide you with GP support, GP end-user training, GP consulting, and GP integrations for Dynamics GP, and GP upgrades for supported Microsoft versions.
Dynamics GP is supported to 2028+ and Beyond.
GP Proof 1 - Microsoft Roadmap and Updated Lifecycle 2022 to 2028+.
Installing any compatible Dynamics GP hotfix or tax release on Dynamics GP 2018 or Dynamics GP 2018 R2 will bring you to version 18.5 or later, which enacts the Modern Lifecycle Policy. There are no tax releases or hotfixes available for Dynamics GP 2018 or Dynamics GP 2018 R2 that would allow you to stay on the fixed lifecycle. Updated 10/13/2022 https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/dynamics-gp/terms/lifecycle
GP Proof 2 - Microsoft Dynamics GP 18.5 (GP 2023) was released on October 3, 2022 - Learn more about the New Dynamics GP features
GP Proof 3 - Microsoft Blog - Dynamics GP Support and Services - posted July 2021: "The Lifecycle Roadmap shows dates well into the future, 2028 and beyond which indicates a longer confirmed date for Modern Lifecycle versus the Fixed Lifecycle versions."
GP Proof 4 - Fall 2022 - ERP Software blog in reaction what was said as a GP User Group conference. Microsoft has provided a CLARIFICATION of a long future for GP "you can be confident in using Dynamics GP to run your business for years to come.." https://www.erpsoftwareblog.com/2022/10/the-truth-about-the-microsoft-bombshell-dropped-at-the-dynamics-gp-session-at-summit-na/
GP Proof 5 - October 2022 - Blog - Microsoft is fully committed to supporting our Dynamics GP customers for years to come https://community.dynamics.com/gp/b/dynamicsgp/posts/microsoft-is-fully-committed-to-supporting-our-dynamics-gp-customers-for-years-to-come
GP Proof 6 - October 2022 - LinkedIN Post from Mike Morton - Microsoft VP - Dynamics 365: Microsoft is fully committed to supporting our Dynamics GP customers. This will include new releases (e.g., 18.6, 18.7, 18.8, …) for the foreseeable future on the same timeline and schedule as we have done in the past several years, as outlined in the GP Modern Support Lifecycle. https://www.linkedin.com/feed/
GP Proof 7 - Spring 2023 - Further confirmation that although there are price increases for added licenses and ongoing BREP enhancement plan fees, Support is still to 2028+ and Beyond.
GP Proof 8 - Spring 2022 - Microsoft Escalation Manager for Dynamics GP at a conference for Dynamics GP User Group.
VIDEO below & on YouTube https://youtu.be/lWZk5_hpmgU?t=1013
Assuming you stay on GP for a few years. Here's what you should do.
If you are concerned with the future of GP, then We can help move you to Microsoft Dynamics 365 Business Central.
Microsoft Dynamics GP ERP, CRM & Cloud Support Services
At Endeavour, our GP Support North team is dedicated to delivering support and optimization services around Microsoft Dynamics GP (Great Plains) to our over 550 active clients.
We are one of the largest Dynamics GP support partners in North America.
We have Financial Systems, Technical and Business Process subject matter experts in all of the modules that Microsoft licenses under the Microsoft Dynamics GP ERP, Dynamics 365 for CRM and Microsoft 365 / Microsoft Azure Cloud banners and every consultant that works for you has earned several Microsoft and business certifications in their subject area.
Consulting Services and Support are available on an T&M hourly basis
(Standard support is 1 hour minimum)
Clients are welcome to purchase a pre-paid bank of hours at a discount (plus other benefits). We will not force you into high-cost Systems Assurance support contracts or retainers as we've seen with other providers.
New clients welcome. See: "Need a new Microsoft partner?" below.