What's New in Microsoft Dynamics GP (Great Plains)
The new Dynamics GP 18.3 (GP 2021)
Officially released October 5, 2020, the new Microsoft Dynamics GP is version 18.3.xx (aka GP 2021). Some new functions include:
- Bug fixes and feature changes requested by GP customers.
- Updated security to support MFA (multi-factor authentication) and TSL 1.2
- Maximize GP Report on "print to screen" rather than resizing.
- Add User-Defined field to Payables Transaction Entry
- Reconcile GL option: Reconcile all years at once
- Limit Excel Copy/Paste Decimals Places to Currency Setup controls
- Add DBA Name field on Vendor Maintenance and 1099 misc form updates. (Cool, can be rolled back to GP 2016 via table change)
- Copy/Paste into Payables Transactions!!
- Mask SSN on HR reports
- Full resolution for the Office update causing fall 2020 Word template errors
VIDEO: Dynamics GP "What's New" 2020
What's New in Dynamics GP (2020) v.18.2
The current release of Dynamics GP was made available on October 7, 2019. The official naming convention follows the same “modern life cycle approach as Windows 10” with the naming for “GP Next” officially being called "Microsoft Dynamics GP". For simplicity purposes, we’ll refer to it as Dynamics GP 2020. As part of this modern life cycle, Microsoft has committed to an annual release each October extending past 2024 along with two additional tax-update releases each year for mid-year and year-end Payroll etc. This is a GREAT testament to the Power, Longevity and Confidence that both Endeavour and Microsoft have in the Microsoft Dynamics GP ERP platform.
- Dynamics GP Modern Life Cycle and Roadmap 2020 – 2024+
- Microsoft.com GP Lifecycle
- Dynamics GP and Cloud integration Top 'What's New" over the past few releases of GP
- What’s new in Dynamics GP (2020) Financials
- User functions
- New system requirements
What's new GP 18.3 Guide.pdf
With GP Support North you can Expect your GP upgrade to include:
- A proper assessment of your needs
- A scope and project plan to meet your objectives
- A technical upgrade including pre-production and live production upgrade
- Advisory Services to review opportunities for improvement including configuration, training and adoption of new functions.
Upgrade Note: for upgrade to Windows Server 2019 - VBA customizations in Dynamics GP are no longer supported
New: EFT Tracker for GP
New: D365 CRM to GP Link