What's New in Microsoft Dynamics GP (Great Plains)
What's NEW in Microsoft Dynamics GP 18.6.xx (GP 2024)
- Financial Summary Inquiry Redisplay- Redisplay a financial summary inquiry instead of closing the window to refresh the data.
- A redisplay button is added to the Financial Summary Inquiry Window which will refresh the data to see updated posted information.
- Reverse Fiscal Year-end close by Company- In previous versions, the Reverse Fiscal year feature required ALL users to be out of ALL Dynamics GP companies. Now all users must be out of the specific company you are performing the Reverse Fiscal Year End Close.
- All Payables 1099 print in LINES- Building on the GP 18.5 release, users will be able to print ALL the Payables 1099 forms with boxes/lines, great for screening and verifying 1099 information.
- Drop-Down List Selection for Batch Source on Navigation Lists- Further expanding on GP 18.5’s Navigation List filtering, a drop-down list for filtering on Batch Source has been added.
- Print/Email Cash Receipts- A Mass Customer Email setting window has been added to the GP 18.5 release of printing or emailing a copy of the customer’s payment in a Word template from the Customer Maintenance Card. Note this is only available from the All-Sales-Transaction Navigation List.
- Print Sales Order Processing Blank Picking Ticket Templates- In 18.6, users can print templates of SOP picking tickets per site as well as a summary document of all sites.
- Letter Writing Assistant Final Notice Collection Letter- Previous versions would not allow users to print a Final Collections letter and add invoice details. With the release of GP 18.6, users can modify any Collection Letter notices, add the Invoice details to the reports, and print the information for the customer.
- Completely Delete Document Attachments- Have greater control over documents users have attached to records in Dynamics GP by having the ability to completely remove attachments from Dynamics GP.
- Shared Mailbox with Multi-Factor Authentication (MFA)- Created directly from customer feedback, GP 18.6 allows users to set up the Sales and Purchasing series to use a shared mailbox for sending emails.
- You can enter the e-mail address you want documents e-mailed from that series (Sales or Purchasing) to both appear to be e-mailed from and have replies sent back to.
- Customer Statements Display Open Items- Customer statements display or remove Fully applied transactions. This will remove any payments, credits, or invoices that have been fully applied.
- Email/Reprint Vendor Remittance with Message Fields- The customized message field when creating a vendor remittance, will now be included when emailing or reprinting.
- Modern Authentication- Providing more options for security allowing for single-tenant key access.
Dynamics GP 18.5 (GP 2023)
If you are an existing GP customer, you can be confident in using Dynamics GP to run your business for years to come. Dynamics GP 18.5 was released on October 3, 2022.
Microsoft Dynamics GP 18.5.xx (GP 2023)
- GP 18.5 now supports Windows 11, SQL Server 2022, and Windows Server 2022. BUT drops SQL Server 2014 as a supported database.
- With GP 18.5, you can now choose to Filter selected Navigation Lists by Batch ID or Batch Source as well as add the display to the navigation list information.
- This will be applied to the Account Transactions list, All Sales Transactions, Receivables Transactions, Sales Order Transactions, Invoicing Transactions, All Purchasing Transactions, Payables Transactions, Purchase Order Transactions and Item Transactions lists.
- Enhanced ‘redisplay’ function within the Chequebook Balance Inquiry window (Checkbook) when doing a Bank Reconciliation
- Now you can complete all the heading type information and select to redisplay to filter the chequebook information
- You can choose to have Dynamics GP post an EFT or Credit Card batch in summary to Bank Reconciliation
- Once, the option is set in Payables Setup, the drop-down will display for the batch in Payables Batch Entry for both an EFT computer check payment or a Credit Card payment. This will then post all the payments in the batch as one record to Bank Reconciliation. You can drill deeper ‘zoom’ from the summary record to see the individual payments included.
- Print and Email POP Documents at the same time
- when you select to Send in E-mail, you can mark either Print a Copy or Print Remaining for the Print Options. Not marking either selection will only e-mail those documents that can be e-mailed. Marking Print a Copy will print all the documents selected for the process but will only e-mail those documents that are setup to be e-mailed. Marking Print Remaining will e-mail the documents setup to be e-mailed and print any documents that are selected for the process but weren't setup to be e-mailed.
- Auto Post a batch once the Email Approval Workflow is completed
- When the Workflow task is approved from an e-mail and it completes the Workflow process, the system will create a Scheduled Task in the Report Scheduler window to automatically post the batch. This will work for General Ledger, Accounts Receivable and Accounts Payable batches that have Workflow assigned to them.
- Users can change the sort for the Account Category Lookup and Search
- You now have the ability to change the sort for the Account Category Lookup. And you can search within the lookup itself to more easily find the Account Category you want to use.
- Print or email Cash Receipts documents
- This is setup as both a Report Writer report and as a Word form, so the Cash Receipt can be assigned specifically to a customer. Then, when you enter a cash receipt transaction, you can print the form or email it directly to the customer.
- Set a scheduled time to run Checklinks
- Previously Checklinks would run when selected. Now a time can be set for the report or checklinks process to run. This allows you to run these processes during off-peak times or overnight. Once the time is reached or is passed, the task will be run.
2024 Updated roadmap for Dynamics GP
On July 8, 2021, (re-confirmed in 2022 video below) Microsoft released the above Dynamics GP Roadmap extending Microsoft Dynamics GP end date past 2028 with a commitment to the Great Plains platform staying active for MANY years to come. This is an OFFICIAL confirmation from Microsoft that Dynamics GP is here to stay! And Official Microsoft Blog post
Spring 2022 OFFICIAL Microsoft video on GP Roadmap and confirmed GP BEYOND 2028+
Jump to What's New in Dynamics GP 18.5 (GP 2023) for Oct 2022 release https://youtu.be/lWZk5_hpmgU?t=1013
Dynamics GP 18.4 (GP 2022)
GP Workflow TIP: Dex.ini code from at the end of the 2022 Dynamics GP 18.4 What's New Video: QueryDesignerAllFunctionality=TRUE (copy/paste this to your file).
Dynamics GP 18.4 New Financials Features
- Update account descriptions using Mass Modify
- Summary Post Accounts Receivables Cash Receipt through Bank Reconciliation
- Scroll through Account Segments
- Payables 1099 Default to Single Feed (USA)
- Payables 1096 form print email address (USA)
- Default Inquiry sort Options (AP, AR, BR)
Dynamics GP 18.4 New Distribution Features
- Update Project and Contract Numbers
- Save Filter Settings for All-In-One
- Use GOTO from SOP Inquiry to SOP Trx Entry
- Human Resource & Payroll (USA-only)
- SafePay - employee name from check (USA)
- Masking Employee Social Security Number on W2 (USA)
- Copy and Paste Payroll Transactions from Excel (US Payroll)
- Saving Payroll Batch default in Transaction Entry (US Payroll)
Dynamics GP 18.4 New System & Workflow
- Auto Post Workflow for complete end to end process
- Visibility for Table Changes
- Workflow Maintenance Remove Carbon Copy
- Workflow Approver Count
- Support for SQL Server 2014 (note this will end with GP 18.5)
- Reminder 18.3 included updated security to support 2FA (two-factor authentication) and the new 'MORE-Secure' TLS 1.2 standards for connecting Dynamics GP to Office 365 for email and other functions
About Dynamics GP 18.3 (GP 2021)
Officially released October 5, 2020, the new Microsoft Dynamics GP is version 18.3.xx (aka GP 2021). Some new functions include:
- Bug fixes and feature changes requested by GP customers.
- Updated security to support MFA (multi-factor authentication) and TSL 1.2 (NOTE, TSL 1.0 will be losing support in the future)
- Maximize GP Report on "print to screen" rather than resizing.
- Add User-Defined field to Payables Transaction Entry
- Reconcile GL option: Reconcile all years at once
- Limit Excel Copy/Paste Decimals Places to Currency Setup controls
- Add DBA Name field on Vendor Maintenance and 1099 misc form updates. (Cool, can be rolled back to GP 2016 via table change)
- Copy/Paste into Payables Transactions!!
- Mask SSN on HR reports
- Full resolution for the Office update causing fall 2020 Word template errors
- qué hay de nuevo en Microsoft Dynamics GP 18.3 2021 (Spanish localization)
With GP Support North you can Expect your GP upgrade to include:
- A proper assessment of your needs
- A scope and project plan to meet your objectives
- A technical upgrade including pre-production and live production upgrade
- Advisory Services to review opportunities for improvement including configuration, training and adoption of new functions.
Upgrade Note: for upgrade to Windows Server 2019 - VBA customizations in Dynamics GP are no longer supported
New: EFT Tracker for GP
New: D365 CRM to GP Link