Corporate Reporting, Financial Planning & Analysis
BI, Analytics and Reports at your finger tips with Microsoft Dynamics GP & Cloud Analytics
Your Microsoft Dynamics GP (Great Plains) is a goldmine of information for FP&A. Endeavour can help you gain access to the designs, tools and processes need to empower your executive team, finance team and business-users with the data, visualizations, and insights needed to make informed decisions.
- Create Financial Planning & Analysis dashboards
- Create Sales, Finance, Manufacturing and Operations KPI reports
- Automate workflows, approvals and report development
- Perform complex calculations and financial consolidations
- Empower users with Corporate Performance Management (CPM)
Choose GP Support North for your GP Corporate Reporting needs
Our team has been Gold Certified by Microsoft Canada for Data Analytics and brings a wealth of knowledge and experience to every FP&A engagement. Our analysts, developers and data guru's are leaders within the Microsoft Dynamics GP community when it comes to the design and development of Data Analytics solutions to meet your business needs.
- Data Mart and Data Warehouse
- SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS) and SQL Server Analytics Services (SSAS)
- Microsoft Azure Data Services
- Management Reporter and Smart Lists
- Microsoft Power BI
- Corporate Performance Management (CPM)
Our team at GP Support North will work with you to leverage the best mix of data analytics designs, visualizations, tools and business processes for Financial Planning and Corporate Reporting.
Recommended Cloud Budgeting, Forecasting and Corporate Reporting Apps for Dynamics GP
Power BI (SaaS Cloud Analytics)
Power BI is Microsoft's flagship analytics platform for KPIs and dashboard reporting.
Power BI integrates well with Dynamics GP and SQL Server data marts.
Vena Solutions (SaaS Cloud CPM)
Vena Solutions for Dynamics GP, redefines how medium and large sized companies manage their budgeting, planning and revenue forecasting. Vena combines a centralized SaaS cloud database, sophisticated workflow, powerful reporting and advanced analytics with Excel / Office 365 to create a comprehensive cloud-based corporate performance management (CPM) solution.
Beyond budgeting, planning and revenue forecasting, Vena can automate any spreadsheet-driven process from regulatory reporting and month-end close to product line profitability and management reporting. Vena’s most advanced customers use the data modeling and predictive analytics capabilities to uncover new insights and make better business decisions.
Prophix (SaaS Cloud CPM)
Prophix is an integrated solution for Dynamics GP for end-to-end Corporate Performance Management (CPM) business functions, including budgeting automation, consolidations, data integration and workflow.
Prophix has over 3,000 customers worldwide in over 100 countries, primarily in North America, and continues to grow and set the standard for CPM solutions by providing a robust, full featured solution at a cost-effective price point.
Quick 10-min preview into Scenario Planning with Prophix for "What-If Analysis" for Dynamics GP
Pro-tips for Effective Finance Presentations
The Prophix team has shared the following tips & tricks with GP Support North for effective Financial presentations.
Data visualization tips
The best charts are the ones that share key metrics and business trends in the simplest way. The goal is to share pertinent information but not overwhelm meeting participants with unnecessary nuances. If it’s going to trigger more questions than insights, leave it out of your presentation.
Design for data visualization
When it comes to data visualization, keep it clean. Opt for simple charts that allow the numbers to be the stars. Choose colors with sufficient contrast to provide visual pop and to emphasize key points. It is also key to steer clear of visual distractions such as shading, borders, gridlines, and 3-D perspective. But don’t let your quest for sterility impede clarity: be sure to include descriptive titles, simple legends, and trendlines to aid in understanding.
Types of data best suited to which type of visualization
While it may be tempting to experiment with chart types, it’s usually better to stick with the basics. In most cases, simple line and bar graphs will suffice. They are not only effective for plotting key data but are easily understood by most professionals. Here are the most common chart types and best use cases:
- Bar graphs are the go-to for single data series, such as customer orders by day.
- Line graphs are optimal for for multiple series of closely related data. For example, one application may be to show monthly spend by division.
- A combo chart that overlays a line graph on a bar chart is an effective way to combine two very different data sets—such as dollars and percentages—into a single chart.
- Area graphs can be compelling when showing cumulative data for several data series. A typical application may be to show product line revenue against the overall revenue.
Learn more at Prophix "Pro-Talk" Video series