Avalara for Tax Calculations for Dynamics GP North America
What is “sales tax nexus”? And what are the NEW rules for collecting USA state and local taxes for remote sales from Canada to the USA?
Talk to Endeavour and our preferred partner Avalara. There are a number of 2018-2019, and 2020-2022 key changes in USA state and local sales tax calculations which we expect to impact a significant number of our Canadian and USA clients selling into and across the USA. Yes both Canadian and USA companies are potentially impacted.
Jan 15, 2022 - Avalara (tax system for GP) proposes to stop support for TLS 1.0 as of March 31, 2022 via their Production RESTv2 API. There is a work around to extend to Dec 31st, then all is decommissioned. . See similar TLS issue with Office 365 and GP.
Contact us to talk about pricing options. Happy to set up a more detailed discussion and even a demo with an expert Avalara consultant when the time comes. At a high level Avalara is SaaS based and charges a fee per 'tax calculation quote', similar to a fee per transaction. This makes it a lot of affordable for small and mid-sized clients.
Selling in the USA - Ask these tax questions:
- Who (do you qualify), What, Where, When… to collect and remit sales taxes?
- What are the NEW minimum thresholds for having to collect sales taxes?
- South Dakota v. Wayfair, Inc. – Why this 2018 Supreme Court decision will impact your business.
- How Avalara can ‘ease the pain’ by integrating with Dynamics GP, (Great Plains) and your eCommerce platforms, to update and automate the calculation and reporting of each state and local city-level sales tax.
- How does Dynamics GP calculate state sales tax? What about my ecommerce portal?