Dynamics GP 2015 to
GP 18.3 Upgrade
Microsoft Dynamics GP 2015 R2 upgrade. Trust the professionals.
What you need to know:
Microsoft Dynamics GP 2015 R1 and R2 (Version 14.x.xx ) are no longer supported by Microsoft. But GP Support North can and will support you and can perform your complex multi-stage upgrade.
- Your GP 2015 version was released in February 2015 and recently went off of Microsoft mainstream support in April 2020.
- GP 2015 uses SQL Server 2012 or SQL Server 2014. Each of which are also off of mainstream Microsoft support and present serious security and stability risks. SQL Server 2014 ended mainstream support in July 2019.
- Also worth noting is the current operating system: Windows Server 2019 no longer supports VBA, which was popular at the time of your original implementation of Dynamics GP (Great Plains).
- Your version of Dynamics GP 2015 R2 is a few versions behind and may need to follow a multi-step upgrade path. This involves 1 or 2 upgrade 'hops' to intermediate versions before moving to the latest version of Microsoft Dynamics 18.3.xx (aka GP 2021). This process would include test upgrades and validation along the way before upgrading your production environment.
- Odds are you are using Management Reporter for corporate reporting. This toolset is still being supported with CU (Cumulative updates) from Microsoft. We can also recommend some Power BI analytics to complement your continued investment in Microsoft Dynamics GP.
- Some of your past customizations and integrations may need to be replaced with current out-of-the box functions or with other ISV add-on or customizations. As noted above VBA is no longer supported.
- Our team recommends that you upgrade to the latest Microsoft Dynamics GP 18.3.xx
With GP Support North you can Expect your GP upgrade to include:
- A proper assessment of your needs
- A scope and project plan to meet your objectives
- A technical upgrade including pre-production and live production upgrade
- Advisory Services to review opportunities for improvement including configuration, training and adoption of new functions.
Additional considerations for your Microsoft Dynamics GP 2015 R2 upgrade to GP 18.3.xx
Given the age of your current ERP, we presume that there may have been factors that held back earlier upgrades. A focus on increased productivity as well as end-user training should be top of mind.
Additional strategic plans for the adoption of new features, functions and add-on applications is highly recommended:
- Approvals workflow via email for Purchase Requisitions, and Payables
- GP Security enhancements
- Enhanced BI, reporting, and budgeting processes
- Improved billing and revenue recognition
- Expense management
- AP automation
- PO automation
- eCommerce and vendor portals
- Cloud integrations
- Private Cloud Hosting (includes SQL Server, Windows Server and Remote Desktop access)